I’ll post my thoughts on the “Back to the Mac” event soon, but I just wanted to get this info about Aperture out there.
Apple has updated Aperture to version 3.1. Here are the software update notes:
This update improves overall stability and performance, and addresses compatibility with iLife ’11. It also includes a number of specific fixes in the following areas:
- Performance when opening large libraries
- Performance when exporting heavily-adjusted images
- Importing iPhoto Libraries
- Relinking to referenced images after importing an iPhoto Library
- Importing photos and videos from iPhone or iPad
- Upgrading libraries with images containing Spot & Patch adjustments
- Duplicate detection of audio and video files
- Face detection on RAW+JPEG pairs
- Rendering of thumbnails used in Faces view
- Rendering of images scaled to below 100% in Viewer
- Image quality on straightened images
- Applying Red Eye correction
- Rendering thumbnails when reprocessing masters
- Searching libraries containing a large number of keywords
- Applying photos to GPS track paths
- Export of GPS data when using Export Metadata command
- Handling of color profiles in Print dialog when using Loupe
- Applying and removing slideshow Photo Effects
- Slideshows containing video clips
- Tethered capture
- Library database reliability
- Library repair
- Updating vaults
The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website:http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2518
I’m downloading now. TONNES of great updates. I’ll update this post with my thoughts after testing it out a bit over the weekend.
Check Software Update for the download.